Your Interview FAQs
Questions appropriate for you to Ask:
- How would you describe the team culture?
- How would you describe your leadership style?
- Why is this job vacant?
- What kind of person are you looking for?
- What are some of the objectives that you would like accomplished in this job?
- What do you expect the person who fills this position to achieve during his/her first year?
- What advancement opportunities are available to someone who performs well in this job?
- What types of training programs are available for your employees?
- What career paths are available in your company?
- What are the difficulties someone in this role might face?
Questions that you should be prepared to Answer:
- Why are you looking for a job?
- Are you (and your family) willing to relocate?
- Why are you interested in working for our company?
- What do you have to offer our company?
- What is your opinion of our ______? (Always have something nice to say during and after a plant tour. At any time during the interview, expect to be asked about your impression of the company, its products, its personnel policies, etc.)
- What do you like most/least about your current/recent job(s)?
- What have you learned from your current/recent job? Or from any other job?
- What suggestions have you made or what actions have you taken to improve the way things are done in your department?
- What do you consider your most significant personal or professional accomplishments?
Examples that you should be prepared to give:
- Success: Using specific examples, show how you have been able to contribute success to the overall objectives of your employer. Example: Increased yields by x%; Increased on-time performace by x days; decreased costs by x%; etc.
- Time mangement: Tell how you establish a timeline, make and carry out a plan, and establish deadlines for yourself and others. Explain how you orchestrate activities with other people, and how you drive a project to completion.
- Performance and Accountability: Tell how you measure performance, including your own performance and the performances of others. Tell how you correct problems and bring performances up to desired levels.
Other information that will aid you in your ceramic or ceramic related job search: